Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is Betty Fest Activated??
What time on a Friday does the Betty Fest Mod become available? Cos someone had the suggestion of filming it?, my idea was to go in the server sometime on a friday daytime & set up about 50/100 bettys in a line with cars & barrels included and then set them all off in a kind of domino effect, so i could then film the resulting explosion!!!! The sort of vid that gets alot of interest if done right. Ive tried setting up my own server with the mod on, but can't get any mods to show on my in game mod list, they are all in the correct COD folder but dont show up ingame even after a reinstall.....Grrrrr and idea's gratfully listened too....THX
[Image: sig.jpg]
(10-16-2009, 10:16 AM)TheMookster Wrote: What time on a Friday does the Betty Fest Mod become available? Cos someone had the suggestion of filming it?, my idea was to go in the server sometime on a friday daytime & set up about 50/100 bettys in a line with cars & barrels included and then set them all off in a kind of domino effect, so i could then film the resulting explosion!!!! The sort of vid that gets alot of interest if done right. Ive tried setting up my own server with the mod on, but can't get any mods to show on my in game mod list, they are all in the correct COD folder but dont show up ingame even after a reinstall.....Grrrrr and idea's gratfully listened too....THX

Mooklar
I try to set up Betty Fest last thing on a friday....But sometimes people are still playing before I go to bed, if so it gets switched on around 8am Friday.
I have another server that is exactly the same as DS but passworded for testing, it even has the logo etc. This is run off the back of my pc so I dont tend to leave it running all the time, like I said, I just use it for testing.
I'll switch on betty fest and give you the ip and pass if you like. That way you wont get disturbed by visitors.

I'll do a quick guide to setting up the ace mod on your pc in a bit so you can play with that too.

Let me know if/when you want me to set the Dresden-Test running and i'll switch it on.

Clum-"Thank feck it's Friday"-mage
[Image: Clummage.png]
Next friday on the Dresden Test server is looking good (with the bettyfest mod turned on) Due to ressesion I only work 4 days a week at the moment, so 10am till 2pm would be great if possible? & a guide to setting up the ace mod would be fantastic (I was taking a peek in the IWD sound files today!! "HEADSHOT" LOL!!) as I say Ive got about 8 or 10 different mods showing in C:\Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CoDWaW\Mods but they don't show in the In-game mods folder.....................so i can't play around with them...........thx for the swift reply , look forward to sorting something out. Oh and do I need to read up on how to make your own mods, cos its not something Ive delved into b4 but are willing to learn........I'm presuming you are the creator of the mod???
Next Friday will be fine.

And no unfortunately I'm not the creator of the mod (http://wildcardonline.nl).
I've done a bit of mapping etc. I made a map for the server a while back and it looked ok but the spawns where buggered up, everyone spawned in the same place after joining the game. Good fun though...like shipments on steroids!
I will have to get into the modding side too, as WAW works a bit differently to cod2 & 4.
On 2 & 4 you could simply substitute the mp3 files in the iwd with your own but with 5 you have to substitute the files and recompile the mod. I tried but my heart wasnt in it at the time.

I may even re-download the tools this weekend and give it another go.

Clacker wants me to add the "wunderwaffen" to the weapons, I downloaded the files from filefront (I believe) but have never got around to sorting it.

I must pull my finger out....
LOL I just found some screen shots of my map (well part of it anyway) Rough, I'm sure you'll agree.
(it kept me happy for a week or so).

Yeah the shots look good, so much work involved though.............,I love the mapping side but the scripting made my head throb!!!!
Latley Ive been doing a simulation of my home towns railway system in the 1950's using a rail sim & a free 3D modeling tool called GMax (used for wrapping digital pics around a wireframe, & exporting them into the sim) for realistic buildings, good fun but no where near as complex as CoDRadiant. This is still an ongoing project as i plan to map an area of 20 odd miles in length!

Anyway back to CoDWaW!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------